Emarketing is the process where you combine both modern technologies with the traditional marketing concept. The purpose of emarketing is to use the internet and technology to approach the customers of your target market to establish brand identity and increase online presence.
There are many effective emarketing tools and strategies like; emails, text messages, audio/video, SEO, content marketing, pay per click, social media marketing, email marketing, etc. are available at your disposal to use them and get the job done.
How to Choose Emarketing Strategies
Emarketing is very important for your business, only when you choose the right tool and strategy for your business. Since when there are so many tools and emarketing strategies are available. Now the question is how to choose the right e-marketing strategy for your small business.
The right emarketing strategy is dependent on your business marketing goals, target customers, marketing budget, valuable product/service, and your industry. When you have defined these, then it would answer your questions that what emarketing strategy to follow for your business.
First of all, you should have clear effective marketing goals for your business. It means that you should clearly define the marketing goals that you want from the emarketing campaign. Whether you want to increase the sales and conversion rate, increase brand loyalty, attract new customers, or improve lead generation and the company’s brand awareness.
When you have answered these questions, then you would know what strategy to choose for your business.
You should uncover your target customers and you how should know how to connect with them. When you know their likes/dislikes, values, and beliefs, then you would know the effective communication channel. Your marketing strategies should complement and flatter your target customers.
It’s also important to know that the product you’re offering must have got some value for them. If your product adds some value in their life, then it’s probable that they would choose your product.
You should allocate a separate budget for your marketing campaign. The bigger the organization and your target market are, the more capital and resources it would require getting the message across. You have to keep increasing your budget if your business is growing.
Timing is also very important in your marketing campaign, and you have to be repetitive while sending your message regularly. Therefore, you should choose the right message and send it at the right time.
Consider Your Industry
There are different marketing campaigns (direct/indirect) for different types of business. If your business is home service types like dentist or lawyer, then you should choose the direct email marketing campaign. If your business type is online or freelancing, then you should choose some other marketing campaign to better reach your target market.
List of the Best Emarketing Strategies
Here are some of the best emarketing strategies that you can use for small businesses or big companies. You can also use these strategies to increase your online presence. They are as follows;
No one can deny the significance of content in your e-marketing campaign. Content marketing is at the top of the list, because if your advertisement message doesn’t have effective content, then it won’t appear in the searches of various search engines.
Content marketing means that you create a list of keywords that the majority of people are searching and looking for in search engines. When you have a list of keywords, then you write your content based on the keywords that people are looking for. Finally when you publish your content, then it starts appearing in the searches. If you write more content, it’s highly probable that its ranking would improve.
Now the question is how you should use content marketing for your e-marketing strategy. Here are some of the steps that you should follow to apply the content marketing strategy;
- First of all, you should check the interest of your target audience in your product/service. If people are interested in your offering, now you should find out more information about the ingredients, manufacturing process, and the benefit of your product.
- When you know the interest of your audience, now you should write a different type of content. Where you should focus on attracting the attention of your audience by writing a blog or creating a video about your product/service.
- There should be consistency in the creation of your content, and you should publish it on different platforms.
Social Media Marketing
Social media platforms have billions of users worldwide. Therefore, it provides you a great opportunity to reach your target audience and establish your brand. If you an effective content, written/audio/video/otherwise, then it would help you get the attention of your target market. If you perform well on social media, then you’d be able to gain great traffic and brand reputation. Here’s how you should use social media as your e-marketing strategy,
- First of all, you should find out what platform your target audience is using. Whether it’s Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc. you should use the same platform.
- Paid ads are a great option to reach your target audience.
- You should create social media posts for a different platform to target your audience.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is a set of techniques and processes where you improve the ranking of your website, blog, or video in the searches. When you have a better and technical SEO of your blog and website, then it’s highly probable that more people would visit your website. Here’s how you should SEO your e-marketing strategy,
- You should create a list of keywords that your target market is searching for online. Those keywords would act as trigger points, make sure to use those keywords in your content.
- There should be a link among all of your websites and social media pages.
- You should make sure that your website loading time is less.
Pay Per Click Advertising
Pay per click is also a great marketing technique where you pay when people click on your advertisement. Instead of pay for placing your ad on a different website for a certain time. Here’s how you should use pay per click for emarketing,
- First of all, you should create content for your advertisement by using the keywords. Your advertisement should be similar to what people are searching for. Only them it would make them click on your advertisement.
- Your advertisement should speak the minds of your target customers. When they click on it, then the landing page shouldn’t be corrupt.
Conversion Rate Optimization
The purpose of all of your SEO, social media marketing, content marketing, and other marketing strategies is to increase the conversion rate. In other words, it means that you want your customers to buy your product/service, and they do it what you want them to do. Conversion rate optimization means that you want to boost success. Here’s how you should use CRO for e-marketing strategy,
- First of all, you should decide what website/blog you want to test. Add some call to action button somewhere on your website, set some target that you want to achieve. CRO would tell whether your website is working or not.
Email marketing is a very effective and cost-efficient e-marketing strategy. It only works when you have a contact list of all of your customers. If you don’t have it, then you should start creating a database of all of your customers.
After completing the database of all of your customers, followers, and subscribers; create a simple personal newsletter. Now send this newsletter to all of your customers, the purpose is to increase the traffic and improve user engagement.
Video marketing, as the word implies, that you market your content through visuals and videos. Just like content marketing, you have to follow the same strategy for the creation of videos as well. Find the keywords that people want to watch, and then create the videos around the keywords.
Personal branding is very important if you’re a celebrity or a personal figure. It would help you to create an image of trustworthiness and a sense of personal attachment and familiarity that people can rely on. Later when you start any business, then personal branding helps you to give a face to your business that you can cash it in.
Emarketing analytics helps to check and analyze where your marketing strategies are working or not. You won’t be able to check the success and failure rate of your e-marketing without analytics. Google Analytics is a great tool to analyze various factors like bounce rate, traffic, etc.
The list of e-marketing strategies that we have discussed is not complete but it would give you the basic idea of what things to consider. You should choose the right strategy and execute it correctly if you want the results.
E-marketing is not a one-time strategy. It’s evolving as time goes on. You should do little tweaks here and there to achieve your overall marketing objectives.