Web marketing, digital marketing, internet marketing or online marketing; all of these words are synonymously used for E-Marketing. What it means is the marketing of products or services by using the internet. E-mails and wireless marketing also fall into the category of e-marketing.
We can say that it uses different technologies and media to connect customers and businesses. Especially in this era of technology, e-marketing has become a very important part of the marketing strategy of different companies.
Features of E-Marketing
Big or small, many businesses are using e-marketing because of various features and multiple advantages. Some of the important features are as follows;
E-marketing is Cheaper than Traditional Marketing
If you compare its cost with traditional marketing media such as newspaper ads and billboards, then it’s much cheaper and efficient. You can reach a wide range of audience with very limited resources.
Small business owners can now check the turnover rate or ‘‘action taken’’ with the help of Infusionsoft. It analyzes multiple things like views of videos, number of emails opened, and per click on the link. Most importantly, it tells us how much sales the business has been made as a result of e-marketing.
It works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days of the year. It doesn’t matter whether you’re homesick, sleeping, or attending a casual meetings; but e-marketing is always hard at work.
Eliminate Follow-up Failure
Elimination of follow-up-failure is the main secrete behind the success of small business. It is done by entering your business figures into the Infusionsoft, and then its automated marketing system will provide you the custom-tailored information about your business, which areas to improve and what product to discontinue.
Some of the important advantages of e-marketing are given below;
- Instant Response. The response rate of internet marketing is instantaneous; for instance, you upload something and it goes viral. Then it’d reach millions of people overnight.
- Cost-Efficient. Compared to the other media of advertising, it’s much cheaper. If you’re using the unpaid methods, then there’s almost zero cost.
- Less Risky. When your cost is zero and the instant rate is high; then what one has to loos. No risk at all.
- Greater Data Collection. In this way, you have a great ability to collect a wide range of data about your customers. This customer data can be used later.
- Interactive. One of the important aspects of digital marketing is that it’s very interactive. People can leave their comments, and you’ll get feedback from your target market.
- Way to Personalized Marketing. Online marketing opens the door to personalized marketing with the right planning and marketing strategy, customers can be made to feel that this ad is directly talking to him/her.
- Greater Exposure of your Product. Going viral with one post can deliver greater exposure to your product or service.
- Accessibility. The beauty of the online world and e-marketing is that it’s accessible from everywhere across the globe.
Disadvantages of E-Marketing
E-Marketing is not without disadvantages, some of them are as follows;
- Technology Dependent. E-Marketing is completely dependent on technology and the internet; a slight disconnection can jeopardize your whole business.
- Worldwide Competition. When you launch your product online, then you face a global competition because it’s accessible from everywhere.
- Privacy & Security Issues. Privacy and security issues are very high because your data is accessible to everyone; therefore, one has to be very cautious about what goes online.
- Higher Transparency & Price Competition. When privacy and security issues are high, then you have to spend a lot to be transparent. Price competition also increases with higher transparency.
- Maintenance Cost. With the fast-changing technological environment, you have to be consistently evolved with the pace of technology and the maintenance cost is very high.
Types of E-Marketing
When we talk about digital and email marketing, then there are different type and methods of e-marketing which are as follows;
Email marketing is considered very efficient and effective because you already have a database of your targeting customer. Now, sending emails about your product or service to your exact targeted market is not only cheap but also very effective.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great source of directly communicating with your customers to increase your product awareness. It could be done by any or all of the social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and YouTube. Some of the important advantages of social media are as follows;
- Increase product awareness and reputation means more sales.
- Directly communicating with your customers can increase brand loyalty.
- You can increase the number of visits to your website and rank it up in the search engine.
- Targeting the exact audience will help you to know more about your customers’ needs.
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth thousands of pictures. You can catch the attention and emotions of your target market by showing them a video clip about your product or service. Video marketing is very effective if it conveys the right message to the right audience.
Engaging quality content by providing valuable information to your targeted market, what people are looking for over the internet to solve a certain problem? It is a consistent and ongoing process of delivering quality content to your readers. It is not always about selling; you’re educating your audience and helping them by adding some value in their lives.
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting some products of certain brands and earning your commission out of every sale. It works for everyone; win, win situation.
Wrapping Up E-Marketing
It doesn’t matter whatever type of marketing methods you’re using; it has to be well focused and researched about your target market. Customer’s needs and demands should also be kept in mind; there should be consistency and coherency between the market and your product. Anything out of ordinary will make your customers suspicious. It has to be realistic.