After product development the next steps for marketers are brand management and convey the message and promote the brand. There are different marketing strategies that can help the marketing team to create effective campaigns and reach target customers. The good examples of these approaches are differentiate, Undifferentiated and concentrated marketing strategies.
Table of Contents
Concentrated Marketing Strategy
A concentrated marketing is a type of marketing strategy where the organizations’ marketing efforts are focused to a well-defined market segment. If you have a small business and limited resources then concentrated marketing will be a good strategy to achieve your desired business objectives with in a specific market segments.
Characteristics of Concentrated Marketing
This type of marketing requires to customize its marketing strategy for defined market segment better than its competitors. Due to this reason companies have to conduct competitors’ analysis to find out strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential competitors.
Company can face limited growth opportunities due to the decreasing segment size. Here companies need attention and insight of that market segment that they want to cater.
Those profitable market segments overlooked by other companies can be wisely targeted and selected through concentration. Such segments face little number of competitors and can easily be converted to profitable business segments.
Due to a quasi-monopoly nature, concentrated marketing can develop a loyal customer base through satisfied customer and concentrated efforts. It can launch co products or new product and can ensure continued favor from loyal customer in the niche market.
Concentrating targeting has no need for mass production, mass distribution and mass advertising, one can attract the target market conveying a single and precise message. One can customize the product and message until get the desired results.
Concentrated Marketing Examples
There are different forms of concentrated marketing, for example, specialized home furniture provider and well-designed housewares shops. Other examples of concentrated marketing strategy are Rolls Royce and Ford which have targeted the well-defined segment for its luxury products. In this approach one marketing mix is developed for instance, in the watch market, Rolex watches concentrated on luxury segment.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Concentrated Marketing
- This type of marketing can be a great success for those companies who have limited resources. These companies cannot expand after a certain level and need a concentrated efforts for a selected niche.
- This marketing approach is effective for those companies which are skilled and specialized in manufacturing products.
- Those companies adopt concentration strategy can better identify customer needs and wants due to its one are fewer segments and one can better satisfy customers’ needs and wants.
- Totally dependent on a single niche market segment
- High developed and specialized market plan is required to implement
- Concentrated marketing companies should be more flexible and respond to the changing consumer behavior in the target market.